What are they?
Beetles that were found in Boom Island State Park in 1991. They have ravaged through countless homes in the metro, defoliating trees, flowers and gardens.
What are the signs?
· Feeding on foliage, making a lacy windowed leaf
· Swarms of beetles when you shake the leaves
· Lay eggs in grass roots in July
· Larvae emerge in July and eat plants, flowers and trees
Treatment and Prevention
· Can be treated with systemic or topical insecticides
· Plant resistant shrubs and plants
· Do NOT use traps they only attract more beetles!
· Soil applications are important to stop damage from Japanese Beetle Grubs, this helps reduce the overall population
Get Your Free Estimate Today!