- Deciduous tree with many varieties (over 700 cultivars) that range from 15 – 45 ft. in height.
- Crown can be very busy and produce many twigs.
- Flowers in the early spring with white or pink blooms.
- Often grown as an ornamental tree. The small fruits, usually red in color, are often very sour and used for canning and the making of jams.
- Common problems Crabapples experience are: Apple Scab, Fire Blight, Rust, Powdery Mildew, Apple Scab, Canker Diseases, Scale, Eastern Tent Caterpillars, Leaf Defoliators, insect borers, and aphids.