Zimmerman Pine Moth
What is it?
An insect that bores into tissues in pine trees and girdles branches
What are the signs?
· Wilting and browning of new growth
· Pitch from branch unions
· Damage is evident near the top of the tree usually
· Spends the winter as a caterpillar underneath the bark
· In spring the caterpillar will bore into the tree and feed for a few months
· Emerges as an adult moth in August where it will lay eggs
· Growth Regulator treatment to slow tree growth
· Low nitrogen fertilizer for increased tree immunity and health
· 2 applications of insecticide per year
· 1 application in April and 1 application in AugustGet Your Free Estimate Today!