What are they?
Larval stage of the sawfly. Feeds on the lower and upper layers of the leaf. Browning and drying can occur over time.
What are the signs?
· Blotchy leaves
· Browning wilty leaves
· Can happen at the same time as bronze birch borer attacks
· Live in the ground during the winter
· Larvae eat the inner leaf tissues
Treatment and Prevention
· Systemic trunk injection with ArborJet Tree IV system.
· Water trees with soaker hoses during drought
· Reduce nitrogen fertilizer exposureGet Your Free Estimate Today!